A network designer must provide a rationale to a customer for a design which will move an enterprise from a flat network topology to a hierarchical network topology. Which two features of the hierarchical design make it the better choice? (Choose two.)
- lower bandwidth requirements
- reduced cost for equipment and user training
- easier to provide redundant links to ensure higher availability
- less required equipment to provide the same performance levels
- simpler deployment for additional switch equipment
Explanation: A hierarchical design for switches helps network administrators when planning and deploying a network expansion, performing fault isolation when a problem occurs, and providing resiliency when traffic levels are high. A good hierarchical design has redundancy when it can be afforded so that one switch does not cause all networks to be down.